Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tuxedo Nails

Hey!
Well, I'm back after the Hair Debacle 2013 (Read my "Unauthorized Haircut" post to be brought up to date). And after all the stress, I decided to try a tuxedo design on my nails. I love the way they turned out!

Black and cream is one of the most elegant color combos right now. But it could easily be just as stunning in black and white. The choice is yours, ladies! So, I did my usual step-by-step break down of how to recreate my look. I hope you like it.

Feel free to leave me a comment with any questions, suggestions or even critiques :-)

Gigi xo

STEP 1: Paint your thumb, index, middle and pinkie fingers with 2 coats of a neutral cream nail polish. I used "Easy Going" by Sinful Colors Professional.


STEP 2: Paint your ring finger with 2 coats of black nail polish. *I used "Black on Black" by Sinful Colors Professional.
 


STEP 3: Using the edge of a piece of tape, lightly press the tape on your thumb nail in a diamond formation.



STEP 4: Paint 1 coat of black nail polish on the exposed tip of the nail. *I used "Black on Black" by Sinful Colors Professional.

STEP 5: Repeat this process on your index, middle, and pinkie fingers.

STEP 6: Using a medium sized dotting tool, create dots on your ring finger with the cream color *I used "Easy Going" by Sinful Colors Professional.

STEP 7: After allowing time for the designs to dry, finish with a clear topcoat, AND......

VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment