Sunday, October 20, 2013

Nail Products Review

Hey!
I just bought some new nail products that I'd like to share with you: cuticle oil and a clear nail polish.


I've never been a product junkie but ever since I began experimenting with nail art, I've been hoarding things like emery boards, nail polish in every color, nail art brushes, and nail decorations. It's been a lot of fun and also contributes to refining my look as I attempt to GET IT TOGETHER. So, let's get to it!

Sally Hanson Maximum Growth Cuticle & Nail Treatment

I was first attracted to this cuticle oil because of the price. At just $6.59 at my local Rite Aide, it was priced to sell to a GIT Girl on a budget like me. It's compact and portable design was also a big plus as I decided between several cuticle oils. It comes in a pretty pink tube with a see through cap.

You begin by removing the cap and twisting the base to extract the oil and coat the brush. Then, with the built in brush, you simply sweep the oil on your cuticle and nail. Repeat these steps on each nail.

The instructions did not indicate how long to leave the oil on. But I'd recommend letting it fully absorb, or about 15 to 20 minutes. Another option is to leave the oil on over night. Just be sure to wash the oil off prior to painting your nails or else your polish will not adhere to your nail properly.

After using the product, I have to say that my cuticles were soft and moisturized. It made it super easy to push back my cuticles and made my hang nails a lot softer and less noticeable. I think they will completely disappear after repeated use! The GIT GIRL Rating...



Sally Hanson Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat

I've been searching for a clear nail polish that can be used as both a base coat and a top coat. Lo and behold, I've found it! Sally Hansen makes a dual functioning polish that cuts out the need for two different polishes. It's reasonably priced at $7.99 at my local Rite Aide. And since there's no need to shell out more money on an additional polish, the price is just about right.

At .45 fluid ounces, this concentrated formula really goes a long way.As a base coat, it glides on easily and dries quickly while leaving your nails even with a slight shine. As a top coat, it covers well and seals in the color nicely. My only lament is that I would have liked my nails to be a tad shinier. All in all, it's a very good product and the GIT GIRL Rating is...
I would recommend these products for budget conscious Git Girls who appreciate multitasking products with solid performance.

Let me know what you think of my review. If you have any questions or comments or if you'd like me to review an item, let me know. Leave a comment below or email me at thegitgirl@gmail.com.

Until then...GET IT TOGETHER, GIRL!

Gigi xo

3 comments:

  1. That's great. I will look for that. I had a lot of problems with the No-Chip Sally Hanson stuff. It makes the nail polish slide right off my nails! I ended up throwing it away. I didn't want to, but every time I used it, it ended terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gina! Love the review! I just recently started doing my own mani and pedicures and I love Sally Hansen products, especially the extreme polishes. I have to try this oil pen it's too cute, but I have the Advanced Hard as Nails Strengthening Top Coat and I totally love it! It dries quickly, lasts pretty long (about 6 days) and it's shiny and gorgeous! I recommend it highly if you didn't like the one you had as much. Awesome reviews though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey DeeAnn! Thanks so much for the comment. I will try some more Sally Hansen products. They're just SO expensive! I love the oil pen. You should try it :-)

    ReplyDelete