Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pale Pink and Pearls

Hey,

So, I recently went on a mini shopping spree and stocked up on a lot of nail art supplies. As I've said before, keeping my nails in pristine condition is one of the ways I've chosen to GET IT TOGETHER.

So, I've ordered all of these supplies from Amazon and it's taking absolutely forever to arrive. They're coming all the way from Hong Cong to Virginia and they estimated I would receive them between September 26th and October 14th. Crazy, right?!

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I received some of the supplies this past week! Not much: a set of 3 nail brushes and nail diamonds and pearls.
Pearls and Diamonds for nails
I decided to try out a mixed design with pearls and one of my new favorite colors: "Easy Going" by Sinful Colors Professional.
"Easy Going" by Sinful Colors

I'll show you my new purchases and discuss their functions in a video next week!
Steps:
  1. Paint clear base coat. 
  2. Paint two coats of "Easy Going" by Sinful Colors Professional" *TIP: Make sure to let your nails dry between coats. This will cut down on your overall drying time.
  3. Let the 2nd coat dry completely.
  4. In small sections, apply the clear topcoat to the area you will be applying the pearls. *TIP: Make sure to work on one small section at a time so the glue or polish doesn't dry before you apply to pearls.
  5. After the design is in place, pain over the entire nail with the clear topcoat.
  6. Let dry.
And here's the finished product:
My finished product!

Overall, I'm pleased with my first foray into nail decals/art. I'm looking forward to coming up with more designs!

Until next time, GET IT TOGETHER, GIRL!

Gigi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment