Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Photo Booth...

These past few days have been difficult without talking to him. He was such a constant in my life. I'm trying not to be too down about this. If I got over the loss of my husband, this is not harder. But it does hurt.

I've been having difficulty with motivation. In what area, you ask? Every. Single. One. I don't want to do my school work. I've fallen off the exercise wagon, and getting out of bed is a struggle. To be fair, I was struggling before. But there just doesn't seem to be a reprieve from loss. I feel as if I just wait around for the next big hurt to come.

In an effort to get moving, I took my daughter out for some fun. It was a really nice time! We saw Despicable Me 2 while snacking on pizza and popcorn. We walked through the mall and she made a little friend!



We went to the food court and got ice cream. Then se saw it. The Photo Booth. I know you probably don't understand why I say this with such dread. It's just a photo booth. But the whole idea of smiling and pretending to be happy. The florescent lighting. Me wearing no makeup. Yuck!

But I decided I would do it for her. She deserves a present and active mother. Not one so consumed in her own struggles that she misses the precious moments. So I did! No makeup, hair a mess. But I found that it was easy to smile with a little person wrapped around your neck. She was so happy it made me happy. Maybe that's all I have right now. But it's enough.

My baby and me!

Gigi xo


No comments:

Post a Comment